Thursday, June 25, 2009

I really want to push this chic off a cliff. Rhetorically.

"I guess there's no shame in getting lost, as long as you have someone to do it with."

I really like that. I like that quote a lot. Actually I did edit it a tiny bit (I added the coma, yes I did that), but besides that I just like to think about it.
Amazing quote aside, I have this friend, who maybe just might mean a LOT to me, honestly I don't think she even knows how much, and I miss her. She's dealing with a bunch of little kids, god help her...and hermit crabs, apparently.
I also have this other friend, who, as it happens, I feel the need to inspire. Let's call her Daisy. I want to push Daisy over a cliff on a bungy cord, let her bounce around there for a while, enjoying a spectacular view, and then pull her back, and then let her start her life. If she'll let me, I'll be the bungy cord..or maybe the cliff. Or maybe the person who pushes her off the cliff. Whoa that's getting a little deep even for me. Although I think I'll be the person who pushes her off... yes. That would be fun. I'm also re-decorating her room.

So on the date 6/22/09, 2 very important things happened, things that have to do with the future, and making plans (which as a rule is something I do not do). The first, fun thing is that I got contacts! Yes! I love them and feel like a superwoman,,, with x-ray vision. Or eagle vision. And I can get them in and out no problem. The second thing was not so fun, or quick.
Everybody faces stuff in life that will affect them for a long time, maybe even as long as they live. Those are big things, most of the time they're so big and important no one likes to talk about them. And with those things, occasionally you have to face them - BAM dead on, like Western duels where two cowboys turn around and shoot each other. So basically, I had to face one of those things. Not a duel.

Last but not least, I'm going to Charleston tomorrow! Yay! It's just me and my dad, which is awesome because he is so oblivious it's usually when I'm traveling with him that I get into all kinds of adventures...

Pour la moment,
Sam

4 comments: