Thursday, June 4, 2009

Insomniac? I hope not. I met one of those...

I can't sleep. I'm afraid I'm turning into an insomniac. And yes, I'm pretty sure that's something you either are or aren't, but it feels like I'm developing into one. I met an insomniac once (well, I might've met more, but this was the only one who said 'I'm an insomniac') and I have to be honest, he was a little weird. The guy's 2 front teeth were almost completely chipped off first time I met him. Thankfully the next time I saw him and hung out with him for a long period of time there were fake white teeth in there...but what a first impression, eh?

You know what's really good? (Be careful, because this can be a controversial point, a lot of my friends disagree with this). Having breakfast for dinner. And when I say breakfast, I don't mean Eggos, even though I love them, I mean traditional scrambled eggs, and bacon. I love bacon. Today I had breakfast for dinner...that's why I'm thinking about bacon and eggs at 1 in the morning. To be honest, I cheated a little, because it was only bacon, nothing else. And it was microwaved, which I don't have a problem with either, but it's not the ultimate breakfast. Sarah made it while I was upstairs in her room. She's like that; she has this hidden maternal side that comes out when you go to her house. She doesn't get lovey-dovey about it, she doesn't do it with a cute smile or anything, but all I have to do is ask and I know she'll do it. Although, it might just be for me and a select few others. Don't just walk up to her front door and be like 'hey, I heard you were hospitable. Want to make me breakfast?'
While we're on this subject, Sarah is, for the people in the world who love breakfast, a beast. Makes reallly good eggs, french toast, omelets... and other things I can't think of right now. Coffee too, but she doesn't like it much. Another reason why I love breakfast so much - while I don't have the finesse that Sarah does, breakfast food is easy to make. It just puts me in a good mood. That's probably what ended my day in a higher note than it was before. Icing on the cake - metaphorically. Breakfast and icing don't mesh and that's disgusting.
Before the bacon for dinner scenario, Sarah had come over around noon, and we needed to get out - we haven't seen each other in a while - so we went to Davidson. It was raining, and I didn't really care, but all of a sudden we're on this windy 2 lane road, just passing this big black guy in a bright orange rain jacket, waiting for the bus, and the car in front of us gets hit on the side by an oncoming car. They both slid, and the car that got hit rammed into a telephone pole. Honestly all I got from the action was hearing this loud popping sound (the car's trunk flew open), and a piece of the bumper hit my front windshield. Yeah, I saw this huge piece of black rubber suddenly fly into my windshield out of nowhere, like some psycho suicidal bird, and I start cursing and screaming. Meanwhile Sarah is hyperventilating next to me, she saw the cars actually collide. The guy waiting for the bus had his hands over his mouth with his elbows up, like in the cartoons you watched when you were little. Not funny - but in his neon slicker with this exaggerated motion, it almost was.
But no worries; we got to Davidson all safe, just in time to get soaked in the pouring rain. We went to the Summit; I love that place, we need more places like that around here. I got my usual iced coffee ( fyi, I loooove coffee. I won't elaborate, but I'm a fiend) with no sugar and only a little cream. I asked one of the guys there when the next gigs were coming up; now that it's summer, I'm going to try to actually see some of them. For those of you who are in Davidson a lot - I'm pretty sure you know the guy I'm talking about when I say the guy in dreads who works there - he's hott.
But Davidson was really nice, really chill. We went outside and of course immediately it started raining again, so we took refuge by the library and had a couple cigs, people watched, and waited (with no result) for the rain to let up, and then had to go home. The air was still damp, and heavy, you know what I'm talking about, so we went chez Sarah, and - get excited - had bacon for dinner.

Later,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment